Music Computer Lab Regulations
PURPOSE: the Computer Laboratory of the Music Department has been established primarily to facilitate instruction in music classes. However, qualified Wake Forest students wishing to use the laboratory for composition, arranging, music notation, keyboard practice, and music theory drill will be allowed to use the laboratory on a case-by-case basis. For qualified students, access will be by “key card” (valid Wake Forest student ID) to individual students for extra-curricular and co-curricular work whenever the Music Listening Library is open, customarily 8:00 AM-12:00 AM Monday through Sunday. Access at other times is denied, and students who are in the Computer Laboratory must leave at closing time.
Students who are permitted access to the Computer Laboratory must agree to follow these regulations: A copy of these regulations will be posted in the Computer Laboratory.
1) Access, if granted, is for the cardholder only. No student may permit another individual to enter the computer laboratory. Each lab user must possess a valid “key card.” Students who permit access to others while they are in the laboratory, or who loan their “key card” to others for the purpose of admission to the Computer Laboratory, will have their privileges to use the laboratory revoked, and will be subject to charges under the Student Honor Code.
2) Access to the laboratory at times other than those listed above is denied, except in the presence of a Wake Forest University Department of Music faculty member, or the Instructional Technology Consultant for Music.
3) Students must not abuse the equipment, nor use it for purposes for which it was not intended.
4) Students may not load software on any of the machines without the permission of the Instructional Technology Analyst for Music.
5) No food or drink is permitted in the Computer Laboratory.
If you would like to request access to the Music Computer Lab (M302B) and you agree to the abide by the regulations listed above, click the “I Agree” button to request access to the lab. You will be prompted for you Wake Forest username and password.